Kellie and Joel
Russ and I
Happy Birthday Kellie
The first night that we were there we met up with our friends who got us a huge discount on the hotel and got us in to the parks for free! Thanks Kellie and Joel for a great weekend!! We sure are going to miss you guys! (not just because of all the Disney stuff either!)
Thursday was Kellie's Birthday! So we went to Epcot Center and ate dinner at the Beir Gartens in Germany! Just the Adults!! Kellie's Mom and sister watched all the kids. Thanks ladies!
We had an awesome time.
There was no beer on the table except Root Beer. Our waiter from Germany said that he had never heard of Root Beer before he came to Florida. And he doesn't like it. He thinks it tastes like medicine. Epcot has people working in the different countries that are actually from there. They do 6 month intern-ships. Cool huh?
We like to pass the time while walking to the restaurants (there is a lot of walking at Epcot) by playing "spot the Mormon!" I won 7 to Russell's 2 and Kellie's zero. We met Joel there and the first one to spot him got a point. ('cause he's a Mormon!) I got lucky. I was looking for his shiny bald head ;)
Let me explain this game. By the way,.....in case you don't know.....we are Mormon! So we are not making fun of Mormons, unless we are making fun of ourselves.
Okay, ---how to play the game--- first, you look at their face. Believe it or not, Mormons have a look. Once you think you have spotted one, you need to look for another clue. A dead give away at theme parks are women wearing Capri's. Everyone who can..... wears as little clothes as they can at theme parks because it is so hot. Such as tank tops and short shorts! But as you may know, Mormons dress a little more modest! (by the way, we sweltered!)
Another giveaway is the hair.
The Utah hair.
BIG and COLORED!
Then last but not least, if you can see any identifying lines of under- clothing! YOU HAVE SPOTTED A MORMON!!
We continued to play this for the next 2 days. We found the most Mormons at the Magic Kingdom last November.
This trip we went to Hollywood Studios, formerly known as MGM studios!
And of course Epcot Center!
I will post later about our adventurous days at both of those places.
4 comments:
I really do think that you guys are so lucky so have had this time in another place. If not just for the experiences, but because we will probably never get to go to Disney World. Mickey can you hear me? Can you hear me crying? Take me to Disney World Mickey! :) ;)
Ha! Mike thinks its weird that I hate root beer and I, too, think it tastes like medicine.
I think the last time I left a comment on your blog I started it with HA! Oh well.
So cool. Looks like you had an awsome time. Cant wait to see all the pics with the kids and stuff. Hookups are the best!!
Hahaha!! Spot the Mormon. That's funny!!
I am jealous! We only have real beer here, no root beer. My son is confused because it is my favorite drink and it is named beer.
Post a Comment