Sunday, July 20, 2008

1 week and 2 days left

So this last week was crazy. We know there is so much to get done before the packers come on Wednesday. But, it is so hard doing extra stuff when I don't have extra time. Trying to keep the home running smoothly while getting ready to move is almost an impossible task!
We sold our Mitsubishi Montero on Friday evening. So all day Friday I was looking for the title. I knew after spending hours going through every piece of paper in the whole house..that it was nowhere to be found. So Russ had to tell the guy that we couldn't find the title. Then when Russ got home from work, we started moving around some boxes in the garage that we thought were full of old memorabilia. We came across a box full of stuff that had never been filed. Including both of our titles to the montero and the van. Argh!! I was happy to see that we found it but I was so frustrated that I had spent hours of my day searching and searching for something that was right there....in a box.....in the garage! Anyway, we sold it really fast. Russ put a sign in the window and drove it to work and the next night it was sold to an exporter who was sending it to Honduras. Bye Bye Montero. They don't even make those anymore. We bought that 3 days after we arrived in Miami 5 years ago.

Last night we had a shin dig for Russ' co-workers. There were 21 people here.... a lot of food....and a lot of noise! It turned out well. The twins stayed up later than they ever have in their lives. So today should be a pleasantly ornery day!!

4 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

Isn't that always the case? As soon as I stop looking for whatever it is I'm looking for, I find it somewhere I never would've looked. I hate that.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

There is no better way to lose your mind than moving!! Let the madness begin!!!:)

Janette said...

We're SO excited for you to get here!!! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I hate moving...but it's a good way to get rid of stuff. I always think when I move that I've done a good job getting rid of everything, until I move in and wonder where all the crap came from. But, I'm sooooo very happy that you're moving back home!!