Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 7 ~December seventh~ the Sabbath

We joined a choir here on base. I think it is the Methodist church. Anyway, we had to travel to
Tooele to sing in a performance tonight. They were supposed to have child care but at the last minute before we got ready to leave they called me and said that I would have to find someone to watch the twins and Emma. Well, that didn't happen so I ended up sitting in the congregation and watching the kids while everyone else sang! Let me tell you what a treat that was!
I was so frustrated by the time it was over. Those two.....they just do not hold still and on the second to last song, Jarom made a huge noise by throwing 4 stacked bibles on the floor! I was so embarrassed and all the little old ladies kept saying, "Do you want a coloring book and crayons for them?" I was like, ya I thought of that but they wont hold still long enough to color!! So after we went through all the smarties and cookies and got bored with throwing bibles on the floor, I had to take them out and miss the end of the performance! I showed up all dressed nice with my hair done and stuff and by the end I looked like I had been in a tornado. I had cookie smeared on my skirt and I sat on a baby wipe so my bum was all wet. My hair had been pulled and tangled and I had been punched in the face. Can I just tell you that one child is SO much easier than two. I love 'em but MAN.....they are a handful! And people were wondering why I wouldn't just leave them with an 11 year old boy that they didn't even know! There would be nothing left of that boy by the time the performance was over. They are peacefully sleeping at this minute and the silence is golden. They were super fussy today. I don't know what the deal was.
Anyway, tomorrow is a new day right?

Speaking of tomorrow, I have to get all my chores done because I have an awesome visitor coming on Tuesday morning. I can't wait! I am so excited. It is my friend Janette from Florida! I miss her so much, She is going to help me decorate my house. I told her on the phone that I am not in the mood to decorate because she always helps me every year and she wasn't here so she called me the next day and said, " Don't decorate until I get there, I am coming on Tuesday!" I let out a scream I was so excited!! I can't wait to show you what I made for her birthday, but I have to wait until she sees it first!

Goodnight! Have a great tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

Rena, I could picture that so vividly, your twinners certainly are full of life. Thats good. I'm excited that Janette is coming, how fun.

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I'm so sorry they gave you so much trouble! But you tell it so well, I had to laugh, just a little.

Janette said...

Ugh, I have SO been-there-done-that! Sometimes you wonder why you even try to do things like that.

On the bright side--I hope you have a great time with your friend!!! (Can't wait to see what you made!)