Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 13~ December thirteenth~ Let it SNOW!!

WE walked into the church at 8:30 a.m. for Breakfast with Santa.
WE walked out at 9:55 a.m. to a large amount of snow and a mini blizzard!
What happened while we were in the warm cozy church eating pancakes and hash browns?
The kids didn't actually get to see Santa since we had to leave early in order to get to the Dugway chapel for choir practice.
I continually apologized to Carter for missing Santa since he was the one who cared the most...believe it or not! He was the tired 11 almost 12 year old that said he didn't want to go to Breakfast with Santa the night before.
So after a lengthy practice, for the performance that is tomorrow night, we had lunch at subway and then witnessed Jarom biffing it in the snow! My three youngest are new to the whole snow thing so biffing it in the snow is probably the beginning of many falls until he realizes that he can't run on ice and slippery snow!
When we returned to our warm snow covered home, Carter and Jarom and their Dad decided to build a snowman! After watching out the window and taking in Jarom who was screaming from frozen-ness, I asked Russ when it stopped being fun....he said "about a half hour ago!"

2 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

Sounds about right! Snowman building takes too long! By the time you're done, it hasn't been fun for at least 20 minutes.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I am impressed with all your new posts!! I can't believe how fast a blizzard can come on!! Right now it is 6 degrees outside and I have no plans to leave the house!