Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 17 ~December seventeenth~ Activity for who?

A week ago last Sunday I had the bishopric announce Father~Daughter activity days in Sacrament Meeting.
Well, the family sitting behind us said...
"Oh that sounds like fun, we should do that."
And I turned to Russ and said,
"oh no, they misunderstood,"
because the daughter is like 17 and Activity Days is for 8 to 11 year old girls only.
So last Sunday, I specifically asked the counselor doing the announcements to clarify that it was for the specific age group.
Well, he must of been nervous because within the 5 minutes after me talking to him and he writing it down, he delivered it in a not so correct way.
So tonight at the activity sure enough there was a Father and Daughter that showed up that was not supposed to be there.
But,
I was too embarrassed to say anything and luckily I had a few extra gingerbread houses so I just let them stay.
I really don't think they ever caught on!
Oh well, they had fun together which is all that matters right?
I got pictures, but only of the Dads and Daughters so I thought I had better not put them on my blog without their permission.
So I will post a picture of Emma's and Russ' gingerbread house when they get it done!

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Ha! That is funny. I'm glad the girl and her dad didn't figure it out, they would have been so embarrassed!

Janette said...

Gotta love those bishoprics that are so nervous up there that they don't know what comes out of their mouths. I know how it is, because the same thing happens to me when I conduct relief society!

In any case, I'm glad it went well!