Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 16 ~December sixteenth~ Town


I bought 14 gingerbread houses.
Tomorrow, I have Activity days.
In case you are unfamiliar...it is for the 8 to 11 year olds at our church.
Last year in Florida I did this activity and the girls just loved it. We did it as a Mother/Daughter activity.
This year here in Utah we are doing it as a Father/Daughter activity.
I am pretty sure we will have a great turn out! I will post the results tomorrow.
I love how things get easier as the years go by. Last year I had to make all of the icing. This year these kits come with pre-made icing!

So while I was in town, I had my nails done. It is red and gold sparkles. I have to have my nails done all the time because if I don't have acrylic nails on, my fingers split and bleed right by my nails. I waited too long to get them on this time and I have 4 fingers that are split which made for a very painful time getting my nails done. She was not very careful. Yeeouch!


I hadn't had my nails done with the sparkles before. I thought they painted on the sparkles but they are actually mixed in the acrylic powder. I thought it was pretty cool. But maybe it is only cool to me 'cause I do nails! I don't know.



News Flash! I bought my first coat!!
Well, at least my first coat in 6 years!
It is feakin freezing here! Ooooo! It was 26 degrees when I drove home at 5:30 tonight.
I am upset that I didn't get a picture of our latest disaster tonight.
Jarom was in my room laying on my bed and Russ walked in there and yelled for me to come and I walked in and saw my bedspread, the headboard, all of my pillows and my nightstand covered in lotion. He emptied a new bottle! I screamed so loud that it startled him and made him cry!
I never think to take a picture until it is all cleaned up!

5 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

That's awful about the lotion getting dumped!

The gingerbread house idea is really cool, I'm sure it will be a hit!

I can't believe you haven't had a winter coat in 6 years! I totally want to try living in Florida!

lindsey v said...

Your coat looks like such a nice one! A super-warm coat is definitely a must in Utah!

That's fun that you are the activity days leader here and were in Florida too.

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

Don't ya just love those huge messes? When Tyler was 2 he dumped a gallon of vegetable oil onto my kitchen floor. Now that was a HUGE mess I'll never forget.

Fun gingie houses, I love those.

Janette said...

Cute nails! Love 'em! I love your new coat, too. I just bought a new one that looks very similar!

kylee said...

Nice coat! And nice nails! I think they look pretty cool! So we have been in Wyoming for a little over a week now and already it has been below 0 degrees. Yes, you read that right. I mean in the NEGATIVES!!! ...I miss Florida...sometimes :)