Friday, April 11, 2008

Hair, Fingers and Toes...Yipee!




This hairstyle is an inspiration from *jessica mcdougalls blog. This was a perfect style for a day at the spa!
I am a Hair Dresser. That's what I do! It is not very often that I get worked on by someone else. I cut my own hair. I color my own hair. I style my own hair. I do my own nails. I do my own toes. And lately it all has been a little neglected. Russ bought me a gift certificate to a spa for Christmas. Well, there is nothing like getting to use your Christmas present in April! I guess I should be grateful it's not July right? Anywho.....I thought it was going to be soooo relaxing and such a renewal of my spirit to go and get worked on. --I was nervous the whole time!-- All I wanted to do was get up and grab that nail file and start working on someone else. I was in my element... but... so far out of it being on the receiving end. It was really hard to sit there and relax. So I spent the rest of my gift certificate on products so I wouldn't have to go back. Weird I know, but that's me. I have a hard time sitting in Relief Society too. I will go in there for a while and then figure someone wants something from the Library ('cause I am the Librarian) then I will jet. If I sit idle too long I just start thinking....and thinking....and sometimes that's not a good thing. I am a doer. My idea of relaxation these days is getting to sit on the toilet for about 5 minutes reading a magazine hiding from all the chillen's ;D

* http://www.jessicamcdougall.blogs.com

7 comments:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Hey!! It was fun to read over your blog and catch up!! Looks like you are having fun!! Too bad the spa thing did not work out... next time time you should just get a massage!! I miss those late nights scap-a-thons!!

Emily said...

Rena! If you need someone to work on, I know that I am far away, but I could use the help! I have tried to cut my own hair, (bad idea!) I have tried coloring my own hair, (it turned out to be BURGANDY!) I have tried styling my hair, but it looks like it was done by a 5 year old, and when I do my own nails and toes, it looks like I did them both left-handed. I know that I sound like a train wreck, but it's not really that bad. I am just dramatic. The spa sounds divine, except I don't really know what it entails since I've never been to one! Count your blessings! Even for the 5 minutes on the toilet. If I have a book with me, in that "room of enlightenment" I can be in there for more than 30 minutes! Wow, I share so much more than anyone ever needs to know!

Flying Princess said...

I totally agree about the potty freedom, but unfortunately my kids like to follow me, even there.

I need you to come visit so you can do my hair and nails.

Special K said...

I LOVE that hair-do! Wish you were around to still do my hair. I found someone here who I really like but the last time he cut it I didn't like it so now I have to wait for it to grow out! Boo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Hey your hair looks really cute! You'll have to teach me how to do that. :) So how was the movie and popcorn in bed?
Andrea

Anonymous said...

PS... You get to sit on the toilet all by yourself!?! Lucky!

Rena said...

Okay, Katherine, and kelly I totally miss doing your hair-s!! Katherine, If you want to fly me to Brazil, I will totally do your hair for FREE. I know...I am so generous! Kelly same goes for you in India!! As a matter of fact...same goes for Emily in AZ.
Miss you guys xoxox