Sunday, April 6, 2008

imperfection

I struggle. I struggle with being imperfect. When I see someone that is dressed better than me. Someone with better teeth, with nicer hair. When I realize I could have done better on 'that something' than I did, or simply when I am in a crowded place with people that catch a glimpse of me. I feel imperfect. I constantly feel like I am being judged. Not by just the world, but by myself.
So I saw a book at the library called The JOY of Imperfection
It teaches you to be you...simple right? You would think....but it still takes practice to be your true self.
So here are some imperfect affirmations

*I am perfectly imperfect.
*Being imperfect is my way of being human.
*If I can live with your imperfections, I can live with mine.
*My flaws are better than yours.
*My imperfections are perfectly normal.
*I am worthy, lovable, smart, cute, and entirely imperfect.
*I am imperfect without even trying.
*I am imperfect; therefore I am.

So I will practice to be non conforming to everyone else, and be my true self.....perfectly imperfect!

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I hear you. I like how you say you are judged not just by others but by yourself. I rarely feel judged by others, but I am a terrible judge of myself. I would never judge anyone as harshly as I judge myself, but I don't know how to stop! Maybe I should check out that book.

Flying Princess said...

I know my opinion rarely matters, but I like you anyway, not that I can think of anything wrong with you. Well, you did take me to Hooters for the first time, and second and third...

Yes, we all judge each other, but being and having great friends means that even though we judge, no one cares and we like eachother anyway. So, whatever it is that you judge me for and like me anyway, I forgive you and thank you.