Sunday, April 20, 2008

Emma-isms


Emma and I are upstairs putting laundry away and I realize that there is a load in the dryer. So I have Em go down stairs and get it.

I hear a little voice yell....

"Mom!"....

"What Emma?".......

"Is the laundry in the dryer clean?"

I am thinking to myself, well, it wouldn't be in the dryer unless it was clean!! So instead of saying....Duh! I yelled back with a chuckle...

"YES!"

Then I gave her a squeeze and said "you are so cute!"
her response.....

"I know!"

3 comments:

Emily said...

Kids are so funny. I remember a few funny things that David said. There was one time he and Adam were at the base of the stairs in Syracuse. I was upstairs in the kitchen. David called up to me, "mom, we're down here alone, touching our bellybuttons." Another time, in Syracuse, our neighbors were putting in sod. They had a few family members helping them. David rode over on his tiny little bike and went around talking to everyone. My friend's dad was one of them. He went to David and said, because he was very impressed by his friendliness and intelligence at such a young age, "you are going to go far in life." David then looked over at his bike and said,"I'm going to need a bigger bike." The man told me about it later and I laughed so hard. I love the funny things kids say.

Special K said...

Hey, everybodies looking so grown up and cute as ever.
When do you find about a possible re-assignment?

kylee said...

Rena! I had no idea you had a blog! That's great! Emma is so funny! I'm sure there is never a dull moment at your house! And that picture of her is absolutely beautiful! If you ever get a second you can check us out if you want!
kyleeandlance.blogspot.com
Oh and I saw yours on Alice Isoms, if you were wondering :)