Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What a Mess!! What a joy!!

This is what I have been up to lately. This is an old picture of when my friend Melissa and I did some mini albums. The mess I have going on now is much more hideous than this but you get the idea.



I am entering S.O.Y. this year. (scrapbooker of the year for Creating Keepsakes)
I am not nearly as qualified as other people entering but I am doing it for the pure joy of accomplishing something other than scrubbing the floor 4 times a day (that's no joke!)
I felt like I was losing my creative mind. So I decided to exercise my brain a little bit and go for it!!
Do you see that can of Diet Pepsi there? That is a necessity!....most days!

5 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Ah ha! You're back on the caffeine! :-)
I miss our scrapbooking club. I keep wanting to get updated, but never manage to find time. And I don't have 4 kids including twin toddlers!

Emily said...

It was funny to look closely at your supplies and I have the same stuff. Paper, ribbons etc. I just cleaned up my scrapbooking desk. I do so many things there that it gets pretty bad. I need to make room for a computer now because my neighbors are giving me the one they just got for their daughter at Christmas because she wanted a laptop. Spoiled! I won't tell that to them because I get a free computer from it!! Good luck with the contest!

Emily said...

In response to your comment on my blog. . .I guess that you are going to have to move back out west so there are more places to go! Let us know when you will be arriving and we will have a fun drive planned for all of us!!!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

You totally are SOY!! Good luck!!!

Flying Princess said...

I knew I recognized that stuff!! I miss my fun florida fscrapbooking friends!

I keep wanting to enter the SOY contest, but end up falling short everytime. Plus, I am too plain and not edgy enough. I think you will do great!! You will have to buy a copy of your fame for me when you win.