Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My husband's humor

Last night, Russell and I were looking at houses on the Internet in Nashville. I got up to get something to eat and Russ asked me if I was done on the computer and I said yes, but he said he wanted me to check out this one house before he shut it down.
So I came over to the computer and looked at the house and then checked my email and stuff then I went to shut down the computer.
So when I clicked on the x in the corner, All of a sudden, right in my face,
I saw a picture of my butt in a bikini.
But it wasn't just my butt in a bikini, it was an elongated stretched out picture of my butt in a bikini.
So immediately when I saw it, I busted up with laughter..., and then about five seconds later I was hysterically crying.
Let me explain..... About a year ago, I had Russ take some "before" pictures of me in a bikini because I was about to start Body for Life. ( a weight loss program ) I had up-loaded the pictures onto the computer and when he was looking through the pictures last night he saw them and decided to play a little joke on me.
The picture was stretched out to fit the screen, therefore making my butt look enormous!!
(if I were a brave soul, I would post the funny picture on here but I was quick to hit the delete button on those suckers.)
It was the kind of feeling I remember having when I was a teenager and my siblings would tease me about something in front of everyone and totally embarrass me and I would run into my room and slam the door and crawl into bed and cry until my mom would come into my room and tell me to stop crying and come join the party again.
I wasn't mad a Russell, in fact I found it to be a very funny joke. But when he saw me crying, he felt so bad. He kept telling me that he didn't put it on there to make me feel bad and that it was just a joke. I would laugh and cry at the same time and tell him it was okay,and that I wasn't mad.
I wouldn't let him look at the picture any more and I deleted them off the computer.
I was ashamed because I really haven't changed much since we took those pictures about a year ago. Now...., I don't think that I am "FAT", I am just "Pleasantly Plump" You know, a little soft around the edges...., a little squishy.
Okay, you get the idea!
Anyway, I could stand to lose 15 to 20 pounds.
I did not want to see those pictures. It was like a wake-up call. But a really funny wake-up call......that made me cry ;)
So I went into my room and crawled into bed in the dark and laid there crying for about an hour before Russell came in and said goodnight and apologized again.
(It felt really wierd to cry over something like that. I felt like I was 14 again.)
This morning he called me from work and told me that he should of told me last night not to feel bad about the pictures because he has only gotten fatter since we took the pictures!
Too bad we didn't take any before pictures of him!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sometimes you have wonder at husbands. I remember one time when Darin put his hand on my backside and shook it around and made a terrible noise like a huge vat of jello being shook around violently. I turned and looked at him in horror. "what was that for?!" I asked. "What?" he asked innocently. He said that he just liked my butt and wanted to play with it. I think he now understands that the sound effects were really not appreciated. Don't worry about crying like a 14 year old. I don't really cry like a teenager, but I tend to act like one. I don't think that I have changed that much since then. I suppose I am a LITTLE more responsible than before and I don't go through guys like tissue paper anymore. Which is a good thing since I am married, right. Honestly I was nervous to get married, thinking that I may not last as a married woman. Coming up on 13 years this December! Way to go me!

Flying Princess said...

That is so funny!!! My man likes to reach his foot over from the bathroom door when I am sitting on the pot to shake my butt fat. Yes, you read that right. His most favorite thing to do, though is jiggle my "chins." I thing the guys just don't get it. I sometime squeeze Bob's boobs to piss him off because he is fat, too. Haha. Even though it doesn't show up as much on men, they still have their fat pockets.