

Gabby was my photographer. She moved to Austin TX. so instead of my wonderful friend taking such wonderful pictures, I was trying to get a half way decent picture of myself (yuck! I am not very photogenic). So I hung a sheet against the wall and changed my clothes, curled my hair, put on fake lashes, ( I hate how heavy they feel) set up the camera to the self timer and tried to smile my best smile. I had no idea what I was doing. Emma kept saying "mom, you dont have to look perfect!" Because I would look at the picture and say "ARGH! my hair is ugly in that one, or my smile looks funny in that one." She also said, "Just be who you are mom." So I took the wisdom of a 5 year old, ripped off those dang eye lashes, pulled my hair up, threw some jewlery around my neck and just smiled. It was the ONE!
Sometimes, I just try too hard and it is too much!! Thanks Emma for the great advice! I still wish Gabby were here to do all the hard work for me. Taking pictures is not the easiest thing in the world!
The picture is for the info page on my portfolio that is almost all the way done!! I need to do one more page while I watch Dancing with the Stars tonight, then I am finished creating it, I will just need to copy it and send it. I only have 10 days to get it there and sometimes the mail from FL to UT is very slow. So I might have to do the overnight thing. Ahhhhh!!! I cant believe I am almost done.
6 comments:
What is the portfolio for? The pictures look great. Your jewelry contrasting against the white top is bright and catches the eye. You look happy. Good for Emma to tell you to just be yourself. That's the best advice.
It is for the scrapbook contest I am entering. I have to put together a portfolio of 20 layouts. Almost finished!!!!
Good luck!!! I hope that you win! If you win what do you get?
Hey Rena! Just thought I would leave a comment...following up with your comment on facebook that was forever ago...You have a gorgeous family! I love blogs because they let you get to know people so well that you might not otherwise...like cousins! :) Feel free to check out our blog and see what we've been up to. I'll be checking in on you everyonce in awhile.
P.S. Good luck with your portfolio!
Emma was right!
Self-portraits are really, really, really hard. I've only attempted a few, and they were not pleasant experiences.
But you did great and now you have a good picture to use for avatars or whatever!
I think the pictures are great!! And fake lashes? That is a feat in and of itself!!!
Post a Comment