I weighed myself this morning and was not expecting to see any weight loss so far and I was right! I didn't work out much last week because I got another cold! ARGH!!
Yesterday I walked 2 1/2 miles with a friend. And today we did Tae Bo together. I plan on getting on the treadmill while watching the Bachelor tonight. I don't feel like the Tae Bo gave me a good enough work out.
Anyway, I ate really healthy last week and didn't eat anything I was not supposed to until Saturday.
So this is my plan:
Monday through Friday...20-27 points on weight watchers. Only healthy eating.
Saturday....I can eat whatever I want.
Sunday.....No sweets, but I am not counting points on food. (I don't go over board)
And exercise Monday through Saturday.
I feel so different than when I started. I have more energy and I don't feel so sluggish. Those holidays really through me for a loop. Too much yummy food. And we know.... if it is super tasty, we know it's not that good for you. Except the cabbage soup that I made. It was so yummy and zero points. Of course you have to love vegetables....which I do!
Here is the recipe:
Garden Vegetable Soup
2/3 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
1/2 cup green beans
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup diced zucchini
1. In Large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
3. Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
That's it! I doubled the recipe and got about 6 servings. Today when I make it I am going to triple it. I simmered mine for about 35 minutes. It was perfect. YuM! enjoy!!
2 comments:
I've made that soup, and it *is* good!
I wonder if it's still zero points if you eat the whole pot? :-)
I'm trying to start to eat more healthily after the holidays, too. It doesn't help that Ben's birthday is Jan. 3, and Mosey's is Jan. 10. We still have cheesecake from Ben's birthday and cake and cupcakes from Mosey's hanging around my fridge.
go rena go, you can do it!
Post a Comment