The first big rain storm came on Labor Day.
As I was driving to Salt Lake City, I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.
The air outside seemed to fill my senses with great memories of fall.
The smell of the rain and the crisp clean cold air caused my grin.
I was so happy to be here and so happy to be experiencing the first cold air of whats to come.
When I left Utah 5 years ago...I was tired....tired of the cold, tired of the long dreary winters.
After spending so long in a place where there is no winter..or fall, I am in love!
I am in love with the idea of the outside of my home being cold.
With the idea of wearing shoes that require socks!
And layers of clothing.
Comfy sweaters and fitted jackets.
I will be wearing socks to bed.... and pajamas!
I grew up in a home without a furnace so I know how to sleep warm!
I am not afraid of wearing layers upon layers of clothes and scarves to bed!
I think it is time to purchase some of these!
In case you were wondering...I am sure we will have heat in our house.
But why not get all cozy and comfy in soft wonderful things?!
Happy September!
4 comments:
I guess there has to be someone for every season. Myself, I like the rain, but totally enjoy the sun that comes out afterwards. And, since our "winter" (currently 55 at 8am) here is taking longer than I wanted, I am getting sick of wearing socks. Enjoy it for me, because I know I wouldn't.
Miss you!
I would TOTALLY recommend Uggs. I love love love mine.
i was all smiles that day too, and the night before with the power out. Yum I am a gray sky, rain falling, thunder pounding, kind of girl. I love it. we were out in the rain driving all monday and I loved it, I would do a little sad face when the sun would peek through. I could live in a rainy area and be soooooo happppppy.
I was feeling so blessed to be in Northern Utah on Labor Day. There was snow! Oh happy happy day! Unfortunately I DID have to go home that day. Big Bummer! I can't wait until we can get out of the year round summer of Arizona. Okay, to be fair, it DOES get cold in the winter, but only in the mornings and then it just gets warmer throughout the day most of the time during the winter. Would be different if we lived in Flagstaff, but no such luck!
Post a Comment