Monday, September 8, 2008

Boon Docks!

Here is a picture of the temporary house we are staying in. It is a 3 bedroom. It is part of the hotel here. Our permanent house will look like this but twice as long and yellow. Not too pretty but very functional!
This is a picture out the front window of the van while driving through the canyon to Dugway. It is pretty curvy through that 9 mile canyon. We are all learning how to deal with a little car sickness. It gets easier every time.
This is right outside the canyon on the way to the Base. The end of the road is the base. So you can't go anywhere else but there from this point. If you look really close off in the distance you can see a little bit of the base.
These guys are what we have to watch out for while driving. Especially at night. We have tons of antelope around too. I literally stopped in the road and rolled down the window and said " Say Cheese!" They were looking at me so funny. I was talking to them and I am not so sure they have ever heard a woman's voice before. I wonder what they were thinking.

There used to be a plethora of deer but they gathered them all up and shipped them away to a better place in the mountains. I heard they were eating every bodies flowers and gardens. Yesterday we saw 3 coyotes just hanging out by the road eating bugs out of the grass.
This is no joke. They are very strict. Yesterday we were going back into the gate from church (the LDS church is right off base) and I didn't have my I.D. because I didn't need my purse at church. Russell had his I.D. and he was driving, but because I didn't have mine....they made us go home and get it and bring it back.
Lesson learned. Don't leave the gate without I.D!
This is the view looking back at the mountain that we just drove through.

Here is a picture of our new truck! Russell is so happy! We can't live in Utah and not have a truck! It has come in handy already and we have only had it for 2 1/2 weeks. It fits our whole family just perfect! The only bad thing is...is that it is Diesel. I hate the sound and smell of Diesel. Oh well, whatever! I don't have to drive it....that much =)



7 comments:

Janette said...

Ben and I were imagining barren, flat desert! Nice truck--Ben's jealous!

Janette said...

Oh, I love your new blog layout, by the way!

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

Oh, diesel smells horrible, doesn't it? We have 2 VW Jettas that only take diesel. Their nice little cars, but I don't like the smeel of diesel fuel.

lindsey v said...

I didn't realize how far out there Dugway is. It's like a totally different world.
It's funny, there is a little amusement park-ish place close by me called Boondocks and we just went there on Saturday and when I saw your title I was like, Hey they went there too! Haha.

admin. said...

Rick says not a Chevy not a truck ;) ;) ;) (smile)
i cant wait to see your joint in person, of course I will expect to come and help you move and ORGANIZE I need a organizing fix. your new blog is very cute, very chic.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I love the truck!! I think the boondocks looks refreshing after all the traffic in South Florida!!

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

Yeah, Tyler wishes he had your year of truck instead of the 1988 model, but he's lucky he has anything at all...its more that I ever had. Thats a pretty nice temp. house,(it's not what I pictured, that why I like pictures) I can't wait to see the bigger house your getting.