Monday, February 9, 2009

weigh in time...

So today, I hop on the scale....and it says......165!
That is one pound gain from last week. (muscle)
But 4 pounds lost over all.
So who knows how much fat I have lost so far.
The scale can be so deceiving because muscle weighs more than fat so if you are building muscle while you are losing fat....the scale will go back and forth.
I have lost inches but I am not going to measure until next Monday.
Tomorrow is Russell's birthday. 36!
Russ and I went on a date to the gym last Thursday and we played racquetball. He kicked my butt. It's like my feet wouldn't leave the spot they were in. We will have to play often so I can get better. I will never beat Russ but it is good fun to be beat by the one you love. The score was like 30 to 1. We were only going to 15 but I had to score once...so we kept going until they kicked us out at closing time. Luckily I scored once before we left!

7 comments:

Janette said...

Happy Birthday to Russ. I play racquetball with Ben, and the score is much the same. My feet often feel like they're made of lead! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll improve. I've even been able to beat Ben a handful of times. ;)

admin. said...

never been racquetballing (what? its a word!) Too fat they would have to get extra insurance. Happy Birthday Russell!!! MMMAAANNN you are old :)

admin. said...

?????????????? did you get my note on feeding america with your weight loss??? Did you sign up???? for every pound you take off they will give 1 pound of food to food banks.

admin. said...

I dont think that i bugged you enough. so just one more time. HI! ok BYE! There im done. Thats all folks. move along nothing to see here. The show is over. The fat lady did sing. Shes got no more. All gone. Finitto.

admin. said...

;)

Emily said...

Sounds like fun. I tried to play with Darin once, but he got frustrated with me when I didn't want to learn the rules. I just wanted to hit the ball around so we never actually played. Good work on the working out! I need to get my butt of this computer chair and do the same thing. :)

The Staker Family said...

So, this doesn't have anything to do with weight, but I just have a funny story about beating the one you love....

A few years back, like 6, we went out to dinner after priesthood session with my parents and their friends. Anyway, during dinner Allan says to me, "The Prophet says I can't beat you any more." And my response was seriously, "Why not?"

We like to play games and I couldn't figure out why the prophet would say he couldn't win games anymore! Haha, so next time you play you can tell Russ the prophet said he can't beat you anymore.