Tuesday, March 18, 2008

easter baskets for kids....but

Okay, so when I was growing up, we seemed to have a little more money around Easter time vs. Christmas time. So we always got a present of some sort in our Easter Basket. One year I got a tennis racket. Another, I got a walk man, (ya, you know it!!) So I always thought it would be nice to do gifts in my kids'...and Husband's baskets. But my Husband has a different idea, He says that it's not Christmas and we don't need to give gifts. I was curious what everyone else does. Do you just give candy or do you do a gift too? Or, do you do the Easter Bunny at all?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

At my house, we just do baskets for the kids filled with candy and little gifts (like sidewalk chalk, little girl jewlery, etc). They for the adults, I get everyone a chocolate bunny. Also at my house we cook the main meal and the family that comes by brings something to add to the meal. So, we really don't do big presents. Oh, and we hide the plastic eggs filled with treats for the kids to find too.

Gabrielle said...

Easter was never a big deal at my house growing up. We'd have an easter egg hunt, but my parents never even did easter baskets for us.
That being said, I did use Easter last year as a good excuse to get my boys two-wheelers. And now they're asking what they're getting this year! Uh-oh...