Sunday, November 9, 2008

Reality

Just a little note of what is happening this second. And what's been going on.

Russ gave the twins a bath and they are peacefully sleeping!
Wow!
An easy night of bedtime for Mom!
LOVE IT!!


For the past little while I have had a thing with my ears.
I don't know what's going on but they hurt!
It's making my head feel dizzy.
I think either I have an infection or they are clogged up.
ewww!
Did I just say clogged up?
Anyway, I have had to have them unclogged before but it was like 10 years ago and I don't remember if I had the same symptoms as now.
????
However, I have heard other people say that when their ears are clogged that they can't hear very well, but my hearing seems to be better and everything is amplified!

Right this second, Carter is telling me about what happened in primary today.
( yes, I can listen and type at the same time! I am a Mom! I can multi task!)
He just got back from choir practice.
We (Russ, Me, and Carter) joined the local church's choir...... Missionary work!!
Russ and I didn't go tonight because my ears and head hurt and his voice isn't back to normal from his cold last week.
They want him to sing a solo.
LAUGH!
I am not making fun....Russ knows he can't sing very well.
I was teasing him about not going tonight to avoid being asked to do the solo for the Christmas play.
The play is a little unusual.
The songs aren't traditional Christmas songs.
They are songs about spending money on your MasterCard and stringing up the lights.
One of the songs even mentions Martha Stewart.
It is quite different than what we would sing in our church, but we are getting to know the community better.
There is another family in our ward singing in the choir also.

I made pumpkin bread for dessert tonight!
Yum!
It's been raining this evening.

Carter and I raked up and mowed all the leaves yesterday.
And there was a ton.
It was a huge chore.
Now my hands are all beat up and cracked.
It even hurts to type.
Russell went golfing yesterday with his Dad.
We went bowling Friday and Saturday night.
Believe it or not there is a bowling alley here on base.
They just remodeled it and put all new equipment inside so it is brand new.
Ya, I am a little sore from bowling two night in a row.
Russell and I are at the very same skill level in bowling which is fun because it gets a little competitive.
We equally won the same number of games between the two nights.
My left butt cheek hurts from doing squats when I release the ball.
You know, the right leg goes behind and the left leg gets all of the workout!
Well, it's been fun rambling about my last couple of days.
I am sure you were dying to know about my clogged ears and my butt cheek!

Happy veterans day on Tuesday!
My daddy is a veteran of the Navy.
I always call him on that day to wish him Happy Veterans Day.
And It is my friend Danielle's birthday that day too.
So Happy Birthday Danielle!! "34"

If you know a veteran, give 'em a call on Tuesday and say thanks for serving our country!

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I loved this stream-of-consciousness post. Sort of gave me a glimpse of your life at the moment.
By the way, happy (very) belated birthday to you and your twosome! I felt that 2 years old marked the end of the most difficult phase of my twins' lives. The challenges continue, of course, but I didn't feel like I was going to go completely insane, once they hit 2.