Wednesday, June 18, 2008

summer fun

You have to hit the pool in the morning here in south Florida during the summer. Because summer in Florida brings rain almost every day. It rains more here than in Seattle. I didn't know that when we moved here and I kept asking people why it was raining so much. We got there around 9:30 a.m. and were chased away around 11:30 due to big claps of thunder and some lightning. And since my husband has been struck by lightning, it kind of scares me, especially around water. This little girl with the dark hair is Eva. Their friend. I think my lens had a smudge on it. It is kind of cloudy by Eva's face.


The kids had fun. I didn't get any pictures of Carter or Emma this time. They had a blast in the big pool. The little baby pool didn't even entice the twins. They didn't really want to get in for a while. Which, I am thankful for. It was the easiest day I have ever had at the pool. Usually I am chasing them and pulling them out of the water. They will be 20 months old on the 28Th. I cant believe how big they are getting. It is going to get easier in a lot of ways and harder in a lot of ways as they get older. I guess it just always stays hard. You trade one thing for another right?







2 comments:

Debra said...

Yeah FL is weird in the summer. We always had to have our swimming lessons first thing in the morning or we got rained out. Looking at the pictures makes me miss SOuth FL :-( My grandma always said you can take yourself away from South FL, but you will always have sand beach sand in your shoes!! (I am a 4th Generation Native Floridian!)

Yeah, my twins are 22 months and it is NOT getting easier. Nick had an entire bottle of sunscreen all over him the other day while I went to the bathroom. Sometimes we find him sitting in the bathroom sink if the older kidlets forget to close the door. Right now they just found and dumped out the ENTIRE hair accessories container. UGH!

Emily said...

I love the rain, but I have heard that in Florida you feel all wet because of the humidity. Is that right? I think that I would prefer the rain of Seattle, unless it is the same way. I have never been to Seattle so I can't really say, I suppose. We love the pool and got our first season pass this summer. We have gone a few times. I get really freaked out with my kids and water. I wish they were better swimmers.