Monday, June 9, 2008

Just a little trim.....

That's what I said, "Just a little trim" when Emma asked me to cut her hair. I just loved her long straight hair. Of course, I am living vicariously through her because my mom always kept my hair short as a kid. So I wanted my daughter to have long pretty hair. Not that short hair cant be pretty, long hair just seems more girly!
She begged me to cut it short like her friend Erin's hair. I couldn't. I just wouldn't. So instead of wishing she had long hair as a kid, like I did, she is going to wish she had short hair.
Where is the happy medium? (aren't we always searching for that?)

She was way too excited to get her hair cut so I decided to let her decide exactly how she wanted it.
It was very hard for me to let her be in control of her hair for that 15 minutes it took to cut it.
I even asked her if she wanted bangs.
Thank goodness she said no.
(I think she looks older with bangs and I want to keep her young for as long as I can.)

The result......a little longer than shoulder length.

The whole 'thumbs up' thing was all her. Followed by the phrase "rock on"
don't know!?! all her!!

It will be fun to style it at this length again. I'll tell ya one thing...washing it was a breeze!




6 comments:

lindsey v said...

She is so pretty! My girl Elli is always saying she wants hers cut short too. I may have to give in and let her one of these days.

Andrea's Daily Deals said...

So great! Didnt she want to do that last week to show nana? It looks really good on her...

Gabrielle said...

Oh, she's so cute, and the haircut is beautiful. I think it is a good compromise. It'll be "long" again before you know it!
Wow, she is getting grown up, though.

Flying Princess said...

My girl keeps saying the same thing to me. Her friends at school all have short hair (a product of that unruly Brazilian natural curl). And everytime she cries with real tears while I brush her hair I wish it is short, too. She has not had a haircut since she was 18 months old. She need it and her hair is down to her bummy. You may have given me the courage to trim it back a few inches.

Emma looks great! It is still long, but shorter. I wish you could come help me, but at least I think I have the courage to do it now.

Emily said...

She looks so cute and sweet with long and short hair. When i was a kid I wanted long hair but for some reason I kept cutting it. Really short and right in the middle of the top of my head. Why!!! I solved it by wearing a skirt on my head or one of those yard braids for storing barretts.(and embarrassing my older sister) I would barrett it to my hair. You just never know what a kid is going to do.

kylee said...

She looks great! Although it does make her look a little more grown up :) Not that you want to hear that! She is so cute though, I think that any hair style would look good on her!