Sometimes I just ramble on and on so feel free to skip this novel of ramblings if you are not in the mood. Sometimes I don't like to read peoples ramblings, it depends on my mood. We went to the Dugway Easter egg hunt tonight. I wasn't going to go because last year was so lame, but Russell said that it would be a good thing for the kids... so I took them. First of all, it didn't start on time because they were waiting for the Easter Bunny who in the end didn't even show up. So while waiting, the lady in charge was trying to get every ones attention to say that they were still waiting to get started, when this mom, not me, but someone who thought they were helping blew a whistle to get every ones attention and accidentally started the race for the eggs. Everyone started running out and picking up eggs. They certainly didn't have enough eggs this year because there were little girls with empty baskets crying as they were walking away. Jarom only got 4 eggs and he shared two with this cute little girl that didn't get any. Allie only got 2 eggs and Emma got 7. The worst thing is....the eggs aren't filled with candy, they are filled with cheap little toys. One of Jaroms eggs had a rusty key chain in there. I threw it right in the garbage. To top it off, Emma biffed it in the parking lot and scraped up her knee, elbow, and hand pretty bad. So the moral of the story is... If you think you shouldn't go to something that you know is going to be lame, listen to those feelings and ignore your husband! Ha!
I will definitely have to put on a killer Easter egg hunt to make up for it! We were planning on going camping to southern Utah over Easter break but we had to change our plans, so we are going to have Easter here in Dugway. Not sure how excited I am about that.
I signed us up for a garden plot this year. It's going to be a lot of work, but I am looking forward to it. Carter is not playing baseball on a team this spring so we will be around to get the garden started. Plus, we will have a bunch of little hands to help....or hinder....
Speaking of little hands, I could not wait to get them in bed tonight. Argh!! I just needed a break. They were noisy and constantly begging for my attention, when I didn't want to give my attention to anyone but myself. Selfish? Maybe, but holy cow, 12 hours of non stop kids can get a little tiresome!!
Carter and Emma are out for spring break so I need to come up with some fun ideas to get us out of the dang house. Good luck right? Feel free to leave any suggestions.
2 comments:
That's all I have is ramblings! No kiddos. :( haha The grass is always greener, right?
It's too bad spring break is in March because it's not really warm enough to do anything outside. Although, we have started planting bulbs. When do you get to start on your garden plot?
Sorry about the hunt. I know what you mean about being prepared for spring break. I sat down with the kids and we planned one fun thing a day during spring break. The weather here is so freaking nice this time of the year!
Hey, sooooo, when are you coming out to see us???????????????
Post a Comment