Sunday, March 14, 2010

Icky Sicky

Friday night I was driving home from Russell's basketball game, and as I was driving up the canyon, I kept feeling pressure in my sinuses. I kept telling Russ that I thought I was getting sick. By the time we got home, my cold was in full force. No wonder why I was dragging at the gym all week long. I was on the road to a cold. I stayed in bed most of the day yesterday. And today...right now, I am skipping church. I really should go lay down because my head feels like its going to explode. But, I can only lay down for so long before I am restless. It's just your typical cold. Stuffy, sneezy, achy, runny nose, pain in the rear cold. Hopefully no one else gets it. Of course, every time I say that, someone inevitably gets sick. So I should say...I wonder who is going to get it next!

I am looking forward to thursday. It is my turn for a weekend away. I am going to St. George to stay at my parents house while they are gone to Seattle for my nephews wedding. And best news of all, its going to be just me!! Russ went to mesquite on a golf trip with his dad for a weekend, a couple of weeks ago, so now its my turn! I am excited. The weather should be fabulous! I am determined to get the rest and alone time that I need to come home afterwards and be the best mom and wife I can be.
Hey, we all need a break every now and then right? This will be my longest break since we got married 14 years ago.

2 comments:

Susie B said...

Hey! How long are you going to be down south? Maybe we can bump into each other on Sunday... Brett and I will be in Hurricane as well.

Susie B said...

Oh ya... Sorry you are feeling icky! Hopefully it goes away so you will be able to enjoy your vAcA!