Monday, January 21, 2008

Eeewww!!

So last night I was walking through my bedroom to the bathroom and I smelled what I thought was a poopy diaper. So I stopped, searched, sniffed some more and couldn't find anything. Last weekend Russ and I had to clean out the garage because we discovered that we had rats. Yes, Rats!! As we were cleaning out the garage I was poking at the corner of my shelf that I have all of my fabric folded neatly on. At the bottom was a bag of stuffing that they had gotten into. So as I was poking at it...out ran a rat. Ahhh! I screamed and started climbing another shelf that was right behind me. Russ didn't see it. So he stood there the rest of the time with Carter's soft-air-shotgun, waiting to see it again. He would tell me..."poke that"...."move this" (Men and their guns!)
Anyway, we set out big traps and put poison out. The very next morning we discovered that we had trapped a momma of a rat. (the one that ran after me with a vengeance! It growled and snapped its jaws at me!!.....It's my fish story.) So we haven't seen any in a week. I got to thinking that since I couldn't find that poopy diaper that I was sniffing..(I have a blood hound nose) I thought to myself. Hmmmm I wonder if there is a rat in the attic?!?! So I made Russ get up there and check and sure enough--a dead Rat. I guess the poison wasn't such a brilliant idea. The next time we might not be able to reach the smell.........Gross!! -Luckily we haven't discovered any in the house. I would have a myocardial infarction FER SURE!

No comments: