My cousin Susan made her own......
Some ladies in my ward made their own.....
Then I went to the store to buy more tide....
20 bucks for laundry detergent that would last me about a week and a half....
I couldn't do it.
So I decided to try what these other ladies did.
I went to maceys and bought the goods...
I made my own liquid laundry soap.!!
So easy.
Try it.
I know this will save us over 500 dollars a year.
Here is how to make it...
Enjoy!
Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap
4C. hot tap water
1 Fels-Naptha soap bar
1 C. Arm & Hammer All Natural Super Washing Soda
1/2 C. 20-mule Team Borax Natural Laundry Booster
Grate the bar of soap (like you would cheese) and add to your 4 cups of hot water in a a saucepan. Stir constantly over medium-low heat until soap dissolves and is melted. Fill a five-gallon bucket half full of VERY hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and Borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to the top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken. Once soap has cooled, add 10-15 drops of essential oil per two gallons, if desired. Use 1/2 cup per load for top loading washing machines; 1/4 cup for front loading or high efficiency.
Cleans great, is good for those with sensitive skin, and you can make five gallons for about $2.50.
Fabric Softener
Combine one part liquid fabric softener with two parts water. (I put mine in a plastic shoe box.) Cut a sponge in half and float the pieces in the solution. for each dryer load, squeeze out one of the sponges and toss into the dryer with laundry. After the load is dry, drop sponge back into the solution and squeeze out the other sponge for the next load.
It doesn't hurt to buy your favorite liquid fabric softener when you use it this way because it lasts for a very long time.
2 comments:
Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to try it.
I am totally going to try this!!! Laundry detergent is incredibly expensive so I'm so happy to have checked your blog. . . it's been so long. I've been terrible! But know that I love you and am glad to see you all seem to be doing so well. :)
Post a Comment